GARDEN FERTILITY BOOSTER
- Prepare the garden by turning the soil and removing unwanted plants. Open your bag of Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus and empty contents onto turned soil.
- Mix Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus with existing soil, creating an equal ratio. If using on established gardens be careful not to damage existing plants.
- Plant directly into fortified soil mix and continue to water and weed normally. Your garden will not require additional fertilisers.
- Remove excess overgrowth.
- Lay 25-50mm of Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus on top of existing soil base to create a nutritional mulch layer.
- Ensure Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus does not come into contact with young plants or soft stems.
- Water regularly. Leave to settle and cure until the natural heating subsides (approx. 14 days).
NO DIG GARDEN BASE
- Remove excess overgrowth where you intend to establish your “No Dig” garden.
- OPTIONAL: Lay down newspaper completely covering the ground with over-lapping sheets. Preferably use 4 layers.
- Spread Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus evenly over the entire prepared area to a depth of approx. 150mm.
- Water regularly. Leave to settle and cure until the natural heating subsides (approx. 14 days) before planting seeds or plants.
- SEEDS: For smaller seeds, make a small groove in the Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus, sprinkle seed mix and cover. Larger seeds, such as peas and beans, can be planted directly into the Garden Mix Plus.
- PLANTS: Plant directly into Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus and compact around plants. Water regularly to keep moist. No fertiliser or other additives required.
POTTING MIX PLUS
- For optimum potting mix results, we recommend using Fiber Earth Potting Mix Plus (available April 2018).
- Lay down your garden 10-14 days prior to planting – this allows the Fiber Earth Garden Mix Plus to settle and cure.
- Water regularly. Failure to do this may mean your plant’s roots will burn in the curing process.